They are normally present at all surgery times. Appointments must be booked in advance. They may be able to deal with your problems and save you waiting to see a doctor.
For example the following can be dealt with by the nurses:
- Cervical Smears (also bookable online)
- BP Checks & Weighing
- Holiday Vaccinations **
- Children's Immunisations
- Stitch Removal
- Dressings & Bandages
- Health Education Advice
- Routine injections e.g. B12, Gold, etc
- Contraceptive Advice (also bookable online)
- Asthma Reviews (also bookable online)
- COPD Reviews (also bookable online)
- Diabetic Checks (also bookable online)
- NHS Health Checks
To make an appointment for the practice nurse and HCA, please ring the surgery number and book online (where indicated above).
The nurses are also available to give advice over the telephone.
** Please note if you need advice and possible vaccinations for travel you will need to complete a travel risk assessment form at least 12 weeks before travel. If your departure date is less than 12 weeks we are unable to complete the assessment and you will need to attend a Private Travel Clinic. Details are available from reception.